The following is collected from the MLB Green and Red Books
NATIONAL LEAGUE PRESIDENTS
- Morgan G. Bulkeley (Years Served : 1876)
- William A. Hulbert (Years Served : 1877â1882)
- A.G. Mills (Years Served : 1883â1884)
- Nicholas Young (Years Served : 1885â1902)
- Henry Pulliam (Years Served : 1903â1909)
- Thomas J. Lynch (Years Served : 1910â1913)
- John K. Tener (Years Served : 1914â1918)
- John A. Heydler (Years Served : 1918â1934)
- Ford Frick (Years Served : 1935â1951)
- Warren C. Giles (Years Served : 1951â1969)
- Charles S. Feeney (Years Served : 1970â1986)
- A. Bartlett Giamatti (Years Served : 1987âMarch 31, 1989)
- William D. White (Years Served : April 1, 1989âFebruary 28, 1994)
- Leonard S. Coleman, Jr. (Years Served : March 1, 1994â1999)
AMERICAN LEAGUE PRESIDENTS (not provided within Red Book)
Judge Kenesaw Mountain Landis
1921-1944 (23 years)
Landis was elected on November 12, 1920 for a term to last until his death or resignation. He died in o! ce on November 25, 1944.
A.B. Happy Chandler
1945-51 (6 years)
Chandler was elected to a seven-year term on April 24, 1945 and later resigned on July 15, 1951, but agreed to serve until a successor was elected.
1951-65 (14 years)
Frick was elected as Commissioner on September 20, 1951 and served until his retirement in 1965.
General William Eckert
1965-68 (3 years)
Eckert was elected on November 17, 1965 and served as Commissioner until December 20, 1968.
Bowie K. Kuhn
1969-84 (15 years)
Kuhn was elected for one year on February 8, 1969 before being re-elected to a seven-year term on August 13, 1969. He was again re-elected on July 17, 1975 for seven additional years before withdrawing on August 3, 1983. He was extended three times afterward to December 31
Peter V. Ueberroth
1984-88 (4 years)
Ueberroth was elected March 3, 1984 to a " ve-year, three-month term commencing on October 1, 1984. He served as Commissioner through March 31, 1989.
A. Bartlett Giamatti
1988-89 (1 year)
Giamatti was elected as Commissioner on September 8, 1988 to begin on April 1, 1989. He died while in office on September 1, 1989.
Francis T. Vincent, Jr.
1989-92 (3 years)
Vincent was named the acting Commissioner to replace Giamatti on September 2, 1989 before being elected Commissioner on September 13, 1989 to complete A. Bartlett Giamattiâs " ve-year term. He later resigned from office on September 7, 1992.
Allan H. (Bud) Selig
Named the ninth Commissioner of Baseball on July 9, 1998, by a unanimous vote of the 30 Major League Baseball club owners. Prior to his election as Baseballâs Commissioner, Selig served as Chairman of the Executive Council.