DALLAS - Each year since MLB graciously accepted my request, I have attended the Baseball Winter Meetings. They are, in my mind, the most worthwhile sporting event that I attend each year.
SEE Inside the 2011 Baseball Winter Meetings in Dallas
There are a host of reasons…. Transactions, meeting with league, and club executives, seeing what’s going on with MLB Network, getting together with the media brethren.
So, as it has been in years past, I am now in Dallas where the Meetings will begin in earnest tomorrow.
Here’s what you can expect from The Biz of Baseball :
- Reports here, and many mini-reports via my Twitter account @BizballMaury
- Details on Monday from the Sports Management Worldwide Baseball Career Conference. I am speaking on the “CBA panel” with ESPN’s Jayson Stark and NBCSports.com’s Craig Calcaterra. But the conference has much more… Tracy Ringolsby, Rob Neyer, and Will Carroll are on the “Media panel”. Special guest speakers include MLB Network’s Harold Reynolds and World Series Champion Cardinals GM, John Mozeliak.
- Monday evening I’ll be attending the Trade Show gala, and will be giving reports from there.
- I’ll also be doing a story on the “Women Leadership in Baseball” conference here for Forbes.
- Along the way, there’s a mountain of other little reported on aspects I’ll be giving you.
The Winter Meetings officially start Monday, but look for material here and on Twitter starting, well… now.
Maury Brown is the Founder and President of the Business of Sports Network, which includes The Biz of Baseball, The Biz of Football, The Biz of Basketball and The Biz of Hockey, and is a contributor to Forbes SportsMoney blog.. He is available as a freelance writer. Brown's full bio is here. He looks forward to your comments via email and can be contacted through the Business of Sports Network (select his name in the dropdown provided).
Follow Maury Brown on Twitter
Follow The Biz of Baseball on Twitter
Follow the Business of Sports Network on Facebook