have reached a multi-year agreement under which Verizon is now distributing the YES Network in high definition nationally on the company's FiOS TV Extreme HD service.
The YES Network will be the first regional sports network in the country available in all FiOS TV markets — at no additional charge. YES programming is available on Channel 595 to Extreme HD subscribers outside of YES' home markets throughout New York state and in northern and central New Jersey. New York Yankees and New Jersey Nets games will not be available to these subscribers; instead, they will receive substitute YES programming.
YES programming, including Yankees and Nets games, is available to Extreme HD subscribers in the YES Network's home markets on Channel 576. Customers in YES' home markets who missed the latest Yankees game can catch a free replay on Verizon's industry-leading video-on-demand (VOD) library.
"The Yankees have arguably the largest and most widespread fan base of any sports team in the country," said Ray Hopkins, COO of the YES Network. "Our agreement with Verizon ensures that the multitude of Yankees fans throughout the nation can share in the pinstripes experience through a broad variety of Yankees programming. This agreement with Verizon truly captures the power of and passion for the New York Yankees."
Terry Denson vice president — FiOS TV content and programming, said, "Adding YES programming in HD to our lineup is part of our commitment to giving FiOS TV subscribers the highest quality and best content there is, delivering the ultimate high-definition home-entertainment experience. Verizon FiOS TV is the best place to watch sports, and with the YES Network available in all markets, fans can catch up on America's favorite pastime and baseball's most popular, storied team."
The following Yankees-themed YES programming will be available nationally on FiOS TV Extreme HD:
• "Yankees Batting Practice Today" — features, analysis, matchups, interviews, news and statistics, as well as batting-practice coverage of the Yankees and their opponents.
• "Yankeeography" —YES' Yankees biography series, which has won 16 Emmy Awards in seven years.
• "The Joe Girardi Show" — weekly in-season show featuring Yankees manager Joe Girardi.
• "Yankees Magazine" — year-round weekly magazine show covering all things Yankees.
• "Yankees Classics" — special presentations of some of the greatest and most exciting games in Yankees history.
• "Yankees on Deck" — the Emmy-winning children's show featuring Yankees players and hosted by former Yankee and current YES analyst David Cone.
• "Yankees Hot Stove" — weekly studio program featuring all the off-season trade and free-agency activity, as well as other news, analyses and interviews.
Other YES programming available nationally on FiOS TV Extreme HD:
• "CenterStage" — Emmy-nominated one-on-one interview show hosted by YES' Michael Kay and featuring stars of sports and entertainment such as Michael Phelps, Dwyane Wade, Danica Patrick, Charlie Gibson, Jim Nantz and Jay Z.
• "Mike'D Up: Francesa on the FAN" — live weekday simulcasts of Mike Francesa's top-rated WFAN radio show.
• "Forbes SportsMoney" — monthly half-hour program covering the latest sports business news and trends.
• "SportsLife NYC" — monthly half-hour magazine show highlighting the unique personalities, events, trends, styles and new technology in sports.
• "This Week in Football" — weekly studio show during the NFL season, capturing all the action around the league, with an emphasis on the Giants and Jets.
• "Nets Magazine" — weekly magazine show covering all aspects of the Nets.
Source: YES Network