Written by Ballpark Renderings
Thursday, 22 January 2009 14:54
The following are renderings and an animation for the planned College World Series ballpark in Omaha, courtesy of HOK Sport
SELECT IMAGES TO SEE IN HIGH RESOLUTION
Select to view movie in QuickTime
ALL IMAGES COURTESY HOK SPORTS. ALL RIGHTS RESEVERVED
The design team worked with ballpark owner MECA and its Design Advisory Committee to complete the ballpark’s final design. MECA will be responsible for construction and operations of the new ballpark on behalf of the City of Omaha. MECA currently operates Qwest Center Omaha, one of the most successful arena and convention facilities in the country. Primary goals of the project focused on enhancing the student-athlete experience, the fan experience and the community, said Bruce Carpenter, HDR project principal. “This is a tremendous project for the community to continue its legacy as the home of the College World Series – and by creating this vibrant new environment, it will be a place where dreams are realized and memories born,” he said.
The $128 million ballpark will include:
- 24,000 seats, with increased seat width and tread depth for greater comfort
- 26 luxury suites
- 1,000 club seats
- four entrances at each corner of the site, each with a unique arrival point
- more concession and restroom areas to get fans back to the action more quickly
- an open, 360-degree walk-around, wide concourse
- a large Fanfest area
- media totems along the outfield will celebrate each of the eight teams’ successes
- retail area with views into the bullpen and field
- team clubhouses
- practice facilities and administrative offices.
The ballpark is scheduled to open in the spring of 2011.
Source: HOK Sports