Written by Maury Brown
Wednesday, 04 June 2008 10:27
MLB.com announced today that it will again be providing interactive media for the 2008 First-Year Player Draft live from The Milk House at Disney’s World Wide of Sports Complex in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, on June 5 and 6. Fans can also follow the entire draft via the MLB.com Draft Tracker – a searchable database of every draft-eligible player featuring biographical data, statistics, scouting reports and video.
Following ESPN2’s live broadcast of the first 46 picks (first and compensation rounds), MLB.com will be the exclusive destination for every selection from rounds two through 50, representing more than 96% of the nearly 1,500 selections. Here are highlights and a programming schedule:
- Nearly 20 hours of live draft coverage streamed on BaseballChannel.TV
- Live video look-ins to draft ‘war rooms’ of select Major League clubs
- Audio-only simulcast of entire draft available
- At-home reaction from top draft prospects Pedro Alvarez and Kyle Skipworth
- Video interviews with Negro Leaguers, Hall of Famers, club dignitaries and 2008 draftees
- More than 150 original stories, including behind-the-scenes perspective from all 30 clubs
- Photo galleries including club dignitaries and Negro League draftees
Thursday, June 5 (all times Eastern)
12:00 p.m. – 2008 Draft Preview Show: MLB.com draft expert Jonathan Mayo will join host Vinny Micucci to provide analysis into this year’s crop of draft prospects. The program includes a live interview with Nationals pitcher Ross Detwiler, a 2007 first round pick.
1:00 p.m. – Negro Leagues Player Draft: MLB.com will provide an exclusive, live video stream of the announcement of the pre-assigned selections to honor each Negro League alumnus.
1:30 p.m. – MLB.com live from Orlando : Host Seth Everett will take fans right up to the ESPN2’s broadcast of the first pick with the latest news and information from The Milk House.
2:00 p.m. – First-Year Player Draft Live: MLB.com will provide a live video stream of ESPN2’s coverage of the first and compensation rounds on BaseballChannel.TV.
6:00 p.m. – MLB.com live from Orlando : MLB.com will stream every choice live from the podium until the final selection of the day. Micucci, Mayo and MLB Scouting Bureau director Frank Marcos will provide insight and interviews.
Friday, June 6 (all times Eastern)
11:30 a.m. – First-Year Player Draft Live: MLB.com will stream every pick through the conclusion of the draft live as it’s announced by the Major League club.
Source: MLB Advanced Media